3rd October 2018
As part of the 4th Life Through Movement International Conference (4th – 6th October 2018), a Student Conference will be held at the Nelson Mandela University (south campus) on the 3rd October 2018 in building 123.
The Student Conference will comprise of oral and poster presentations.
- Full-time honours’ degree students of tertiary institutions in South Africa may participate in the Student Conference.
- Students will be allowed to make presentations under the following disciplines, namely: Biokinetics, Sport Science, Kinderkinetics, Sport Management and Recreation.
- The number of students selected for presentations will depend on the interest of each university to attend the student conference and the quality of abstracts that have been submitted.
- Institutions will be responsible for quality control of potential presentations for the conference. However, the Student Conference scientific committee holds the right for final selection of papers, based on high quality methodological design upon submission of abstracts. Cognisance will be taken of the space and time availability for oral presentations.
- Students could prepare and deliver their presentations as individuals or in groups of two to a maximum of four. Students will be allowed to present the results of qualitative or quantitative studies or the results of a literature review (including systematic reviews).
The Student Conference Prize Giving
The prestigious student prize giving will be held at the Nelson Mandela University (south campus) building 123 after the presentation sessions at 18h00.
Lunch packs will be provided during the day and a meal will be served at the Prize Giving.
Travel & Accommodation
Various suggestions for accommodation have been posted on the website. Please visit www.ltmic.co.za
For any further information or questions in this regard, contact the under-signed or visit the main conference website:
Student Scientific Committee Queries
Dr Maryna Baard
- Tel: +2741 504 4518
Secretary of Student Scientific Committee Queries
Tel: +2741 504 2603
Leigh du Plessis – Conference Secretariat
- Tel: +2711 954 5753
- Fax: +2711 954 6100
- Fax to email: 086 563 9189
- Email: email@example.com
See you there!